Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Howard House School, Bedlington
Howard House School, Bedlington, NE22 6BB
Are you a passionate and dedicated SEN Teacher ready to make a profound impact on the lives of students with Special Educational Needs (SEN)? Do you thrive in an environment where every day is an opportunity to inspire and nurture young minds? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Salary: £28,600.32 – £37,355.52 per annum (DOE), 40 Hours per week – Term Time Only
We are looking to appoint a Science (SEN) Teacher, on a term time basis only to take a creative and varied approach, whilst seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils through lessons that promote learning and raise levels of attainment.
Young Foundations is an award-winning organisation, providing step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young adults.Howard House School is an independent day special school catering for pupils with SEMH. It is co-educational and can accept up to 22 pupils aged between 10 and 18 years.
- To maintain consistently high standards in relation to all aspects of the Teachers’ Standards
- Be responsible for student attainment and progress
- Ensure Quality First Teaching is central to your practice, accelerates progress and celebrates outcomes
- To lead a curriculum area throughout school in order to raise whole school standards and aspirations
- Plan, teach and deliver an engaging, bespoke and personalised curriculum underpinned by EHCP need
- Expertise in delivering a holistic, inclusive and creative curriculum rooted in unconditional Positive Regard and pupil outcomes
- Contribute positively to policy and practice
- Be a role model for our learning community
- Make a significant contribution and impact in all aspects of school improvement
- Engage with all school systems professionally to ensure the vision for excellence is maintained
- Use dedicated time to develop your CPD profile and be the ‘best you can be’
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Substantial recent experience of teaching in a SEN setting (during the past 3 years)
- Evidence of successful teaching experience with vulnerable children
- Good interpersonal skills and emotional resilience in working with children
- Up to date knowledge of Local Authority and National expectations for SEND including 2014 SEND Code of Practice including knowledge of EHCP and their implementation
- Good awareness of and clear ability to safeguard children by developing appropriate relationships, personal boundaries and maintaining discipline
- Confidence to review own performance and undertake continuous professional learning
- Meet the Nationals Standards for teachers and (where applicable, those for UPS)
Benefits to working with us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish
- Competitive Pay
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Company funded DBS
- Full induction and comprehensive training and development programme
- Career progression
Young Foundations are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. We adopt fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across the company inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory reference, right to work checks and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
About Howard House School
Howard House School aims to encourage intellectual curiosity, critical perception and respect for learning. We strongly encourage individual responsibility, self-esteem and confidence as well as care, concern and respect for others.
We believe it is our duty to promote the development of personal values to help meet the challenges of a complex world and to encourage a commitment to contributing positively to the community and wider society.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.