Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Residential Support Worker
Residential Support Worker
Amisfield House, Amisfield Road, Halifax, HX3 8NE
Salary: £22,215.46 – £24,786.10 per annum
Hours of Week: 40
- An understanding of the developmental needs (physical, emotional, intellectual, social and educational) of young people.
- Child Protection issues and procedures. Social Care Services available to young people and their families
- Working within a team & Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding.
- Ability to motivate self and others to meet time and performance goals.
- Ability to deal with emotional stress.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills – relate well to others (young people and staff at all levels).
As a Residential Support Worker, you will:
- Respond to and meet the identified needs of children/young people as outlined in individual care plans and as agreed with the manager.
- To work in partnership with young people, their families, social workers and other relevant agencies, in meeting the needs of young people.
- To ensure that work with children/young people is in keeping with legislative, procedural and good practice requirements.
- To ensure that the safety and welfare of young people is paramount.
- To participate in implementing, monitoring and reviewing children/young people’s care/health and education plans where appropriate and to contribute in planning meetings and reviews as require.
- To understand and be familiar with all relevant legislation guidance policies procedures in relation to safeguarding young people.
- To promote the development of a comfortable physical environment, which is conducive to good social care practice and in line with standards and guidance.
Amisfield House offers spacious, homely accommodation and will be a place of excellence in care and education for pupils with learning difficulties, including autistic spectrum conditions and complex additional needs.
Located in Halifax, Amisfield contains 7 bedrooms supporting young adults from ages 8 to 17. We will channel the talents and value the potential of every child and young person in our care and prepare them for happy and productive lives as young adults.
Benefits of Working for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent care to the people we support
- Competitive pay
- Career development and training
- Progression Opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice
- Enhanced maternity package
- Enhanced annual leave
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Young Foundations are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. We adopt fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across the company inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory reference, right to work checks and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
About Amisfield House
Amisfield House offers spacious, homely accommodation and will be a place of excellence in care and education for pupils with learning difficulties, including autistic spectrum conditions and complex additional needs. We will channel the talents and value the potential of every child and young person in our care and prepare them for happy and productive lives as young adults.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.