Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Oaklea Grange School, Hope, Wrexham
Salary: £11,403.65 – £13,942.66 per annum
Hours of Week: 3 days per week (24 hours – Term Time Only)
Are you passionate about supporting young people in an inclusive way and looking for a new challenge? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
As a Teaching Assistant you will:
Provide practical assistance in the school in catering for the personal welfare, mental well-being and education needs of pupils.
- To contribute to facilitating pupil access to the education system, promoting inclusion, assessing and supporting achievement and monitoring progress towards objectives
- Support pupils with special educational needs in a holistic approach
- To support specialist classroom teachers, responsible for the development and education process, by providing directed support, care and supervision to children with communication and interaction needs (including Autism Spectrum Disorders) and associated learning difficulties.
- To work closely with the specialist teacher to enable full and independent access to the curriculum and facilitate full inclusion into school life.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all relevant school policies and procedures are adhered to and that concerns are raised in accordance with these policies.
- To promote the learning and personal development of the pupils to whom you are assigned, to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them.
- To assist the pupil to learn as effectively as possible, both in group situations and on their own
About Oaklea Grange School:
Oaklea Grange School based near Wrexham is a residential school for children and young people aged 11 to 18. Our range of specialist services supports our ambition to provide every child with the care, therapy and learning they need to ensure they achieve their personal best.
Benefits of Working for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent care to the people we support.
- Competitive pay
- Career development and training
- Progression Opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice
- Enhanced maternity package
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Young Foundations are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. We adopt fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across the company in line with Keeping Learners Safe guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, EWC check, satisfactory reference, right to work checks and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
About Oaklea Grange School
Oaklea Grange Sschool aims to meet the needs of children and young people across the continuum of care. Our range of specialist services supports our ambition to provide every child with the care, therapy, and learning they need to ensure they achieve their personal best. Our focus is on delivering clear outcomes for each young person we look after.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.