Stafford Hall Residential Special School, Halifax
Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications
Young Foundations is a recognised specialist provider of residential services for children, young people and adults, who have a range of identified complex and challenging needs such as: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health Issues, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and other health needs.
It is Young Foundations mission to provide in-house comprehensive integrated services that are both theoretically underpinned by an evidential working methodology and delivered by our own highly trained and skilled staff team. Via our approach we are committed to providing the best possible care, which enables all children and young adults to live their lives to the optimum potential, and in so doing enable them to realise personal aspirations and abilities in all aspects of their lives.
- Working under the direction of the head or lead head or lead teacher in the teaching and learning of children, which will include specific activities on a regular basis where management may not be direct.
- Working under the supervision of the head or lead head or lead teacher in the teaching and learning of children, which will include specific activities where supervision may not be direct.
- Attend planning meetings and under the overall direction and guidance of the head or lead teacher, contribute to the short, medium and long term planning and preparation of lessons.
- Help pupils make progress in a range of classroom settings including working with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the assigned head or lead teacher is not present.
- Support head or lead teachers in selecting and preparing teaching resources that meet the pupils’ needs and interests. Liaise with the class head or lead teacher to devise complementary learning activities.
Support the head or lead teacher by:
- Monitoring, assessing and recording pupils’ work as directed by the head or lead teacher.
Support the school by:
- Taking responsibility for securing the maintenance of specific equipment in school and to have responsibility for specific aspects of health and safety.
- To have skills which can be utilised in class such as gardening, drama, craft etc.
- Being aware of the school’s policies and procedures.
- Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/head or lead teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
- Assisting with out of school activities such as open days, school performances etc.
- Carrying out the duties of classroom assistants and teaching assistants detailed below (general key tasks) as required or directed.
- Contributing to behaviour management of pupils in accordance with the school policy and guidance.
- Work within the framework of the school’s agreed policies and procedures.
Support the curriculum by:
- Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post, subject to the proviso that any significant, substantial and permanent changes shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms. .
You can apply for this post using our online job application form.