Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Sessional Residential Support Worker
The Red House, Renfrewshire
Do you enjoy working with children? If you can honestly answer yes, we may have your ideal job!
As a Sessional Residential Support Worker at The Red House with Young Foundations, you will make a real difference to the lives of children and young people with additional needs. Whether you are starting out on your career in Children and Young People’s services, or have previous experience as a Care Worker, you will be inspired by and learn from a team of motivated staff, who will guide, train and support you in your new role.
Whilst no two days are ever the same, you will:
- Be a positive role model
- Provide a safe and happy home environment for children and young people to relax, learn and grow
- Encourage health and well-being through social, educational and recreational activities
- Assist with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing and shopping
- Ensure stability and consistency in a family orientated manner
- Actively contribute to positive outcomes for the children and young people and the service as a whole
We ask that you are:
Compassionate and caring
Reliable and have a willingness to learn
Patient with a positive mindset
Supportive and dedicated to keeping children and young people safe
Young Foundations will offer:
- Great work-life balance
- Inclusive and relationship-based culture
- Full and comprehensive training
- Free DBS
- 252 hours annual leave (pro rata)
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
- Multiple career pathways
- In-house clinical support
Young Foundations is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks in line with our safeguarding policy. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, right to work checks and any other necessary checks.
Please apply below to find out more!
About The Red House
At the Red House, we care for, support, develop, and empower young people with complex difficulties to realise their potential in a safe, secure and nurturing environment. This is achieved through a holistic model of care which is distinctive of compassion, skill and evidence based positive intervention.
Our aim is to improve the life of children, we believe that children have the right to a safe and fun childhood and one that creates positive happy memories.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.