Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Sessional Residential Support Worker
Acrefield House, Wirral
Do you enjoy working with Young Adults? If you can honestly answer yes, we may have your ideal job!
As a Sessional Residential Support Worker at Acrefield House with Young Foundations, you will make a real difference to the lives of children and young people with additional needs. Whether you are starting out on your career in Children and Young People’s services, or have previous experience as a Care Worker, you will be inspired by and learn from a team of motivated staff, who will guide, train and support you in your new role.
Whilst no two days are ever the same, you will:
- Be a positive role model
- Provide a safe and happy home environment for children and young people to relax, learn and grow
- Encourage health and well-being through social, educational and recreational activities
- Assist with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing and shopping
- Ensure stability and consistency in a family orientated manner
- Actively contribute to positive outcomes for the children and young people and the service as a whole
We ask that you are:
Compassionate and caring
Reliable and have a willingness to learn
Patient with a positive mindset
Supportive and dedicated to keeping children and young people safe
Young Foundations will offer:
- Great work-life balance
- Inclusive and relationship-based culture
- Full and comprehensive training
- Free DBS
- 252 hours annual leave (pro rata)
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
- Multiple career pathways
- In-house clinical support
Young Foundations is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks in line with our safeguarding policy. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, right to work checks and any other necessary checks.
Please apply below to find out more!
About Acrefield House
Acrefield House is a safe, therapeutic, and nurturing environment for young adults. With a Consultant Psychiatrist and a Registered Mental Health/Learning Disability Nurse as clinical support, it enables a step-down placement from hospital.
Our home also supports young adults from a range of previous placements, such as, Foster Care and premature placement into Semi Supported or Supported Living. Or often bridging the gap for a child, that has outgrown a Children’s service and requires to be supported in adult residential environment, with a view to future independence.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.