Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Senior Residential Support Worker
Acrefield House, Wirral
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you thrive as a team leader? If you can honestly answer yes, we may have your ideal job.
As a Senior Residential Support Worker at Mulroy House with Young Foundations, you will make a real difference to the lives of children and young people with additional needs. You will be inspired by and learn from a team of motivated staff, who will guide, train and support you in your new role.
Whilst no two days are ever the same, you will:
- Be a positive role model whilst leading shifts under the direction of the Home Manager
- Provide a safe and happy home environment for children and young people to relax, learn and grow
- Encourage health and well-being through social, educational and recreational activities
- Assist with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing and shopping
- Ensure stability and consistency in a family orientated manner
- Actively contribute to positive outcomes for the children and young people and the service as a whole
We ask that you are:
Compassionate and caring
Reliable and have a willingness to learn
Patient with a positive mindset
Supportive and dedicated to keeping children and young people safe
Young Foundations will offer:
- Great work-life balance
- Inclusive and relationship-based culture
- Full and comprehensive training
- Free DBS
- 252 hours annual leave
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
- Multiple career pathways
- In-house clinical support
Please apply below to find our more!
About Acrefield House
Acrefield House is a safe, therapeutic, and nurturing environment for young adults. With a Consultant Psychiatrist and a Registered Mental Health/Learning Disability Nurse as clinical support, it enables a step-down placement from hospital.
Our home also supports young adults from a range of previous placements, such as, Foster Care and premature placement into Semi Supported or Supported Living. Or often bridging the gap for a child, that has outgrown a Children’s service and requires to be supported in adult residential environment, with a view to future independence.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.