Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Senior Residential Support Worker
Binley Woods, Warwickshire
Senior Residential Support Worker
Binley Woods, 229 Rugby Road, Warwickshire, CV3 2BB
Salary: £25,919.56- £28,917.69 per annum
Hours of Week: 40
Contract Type: Permanent
- An understanding of the developmental needs (physical, emotional, intellectual, social and educational) of young people.
- Child Protection issues and procedures. Social Care Services available to young people and their families
- Working within a team & Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding.
- Ability to motivate self and others to meet time and performance goals.
- Ability to deal with emotional stress.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills – relate well to others (young people and staff at all levels).
As a Senior Residential Support Worker you will:
- To assist the Manager and Deputy Manager in providing operational management of the staff team and to deploy appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled.
- To respond to and meet the identified needs of children/young people as outlined in individual care plans and as agreed with the manager.
- To work in partnership with young people, their families, social workers and other relevant agencies, in meeting the needs of young people.
- To ensure that work with children/young people is in keeping with legislative, procedural and good practice requirements.
- To ensure that the safety and welfare of young people is paramount.
- To organise, deliver and co-ordinate induction, supervision, appraisal and support of individual staff in the team, as required by the Manager.
- To ensure care plans are implemented, monitored and reviewed.To participate in the review of care plans.
- To ensure that the administration tasks of the home are carried out efficiently and effectively to make best use of management and information systems.
About Binley Woods:
Binley Woods is a spacious detached house located in a peaceful village, the home offers five bedrooms, which are decorated and furnished to suit individual needs, with communal areas and extensive lawned gardens.
We support young people from ages 16 to 25, we mainly support individuals with mental health issues. our aim is to provide a level of care for each young adult to assist them in living their lives to their full potential.
Benefits of Working for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent care to the people we support
- Competitive pay
- Career development and training
- Progression Opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice
- Enhanced maternity package
- Enhanced annual leave
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Young Foundations is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks in line with our safeguarding policy. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, right to work checks and any other necessary checks.
About Binley Woods
Binley Woods is a small, nurturing, community based home offering 24 hour care to young adults whose complex needs mean they need more clinical support than one would normally expect to find in mainstream post-18 residential services.
Our location, in a community setting, is in keeping with our aspiration that, wherever possible, the young adults living at Binley Woods do so as a temporary stepping stone on a pathway to independent living.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.