Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
SEN Teaching Assistant
Mortimer House, Tamworth
Young Foundations is a recognised specialist provider of residential services for children, young people and adults, who have a range of identified complex and challenging needs associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Learning Disabilities.
Our Stepping Stones School is looking to appoint a full time Teaching/Learning Support Assistant, to provide practical assistance in the School, in catering for the personal welfare, mental well-being and education needs of its’ pupils. Within this role, the successful applicant will be supporting pupils with special educational needs through a holistic approach; facilitating pupil’s access to the education system, whilst promoting inclusion, assessing and supporting achievement and monitoring pupil’s progress towards their learning objectives.
Purpose of the Job
• To provide personal teaching and learning assistance for pupils who require such support, throughout the school day and during the pupil’s break and lunch times as appropriate.
• To prepare, and assist in the preparation, of the classroom resources, display, equipment and computers for use by pupils.
• To work with individuals and small groups on specific activities under the guidance of the Teacher and/or other lead person.
• To motivate and support pupil(s) to remain on task and complete work in a focused way.
• Accompanying and supporting pupil(s) on outings from school as necessary.
• To pass on information about pupil’s personal and educational needs to the Class Teacher and other staff as appropriate. To contribute to team meetings and review meetings.
• To support the pupils in physical activities (PE, Drama etc) as required.
• To undertake training and attend INSET days in accordance to contractual requirements. To contribute to whole school policies.
• To undertake any other training required in accordance to contractual requirements (Safe Holding, Safeguarding etc.)
• Attending to minor accidents at school, where appropriate training has been given, and supervising unwell children at the direction of the Head Teacher.
• To maintain the health and safety of pupils and colleagues in the school by assisting in maintaining a clean and tidy environment and reporting any hazards that cannot be dealt with to your Line Manager.
• To support the School’s/Borough’s Equal Opportunities policies.
• Assisting with any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as required by the Head Teacher.
About Mortimer House School
Mortimer House School (previously called Stepping Stones School) offers a unique, warm, safe and caring educational environment for children and young people who may not thrive and achieve in an external setting at this point in their lives. We understand young people learn in very different ways, and a person centred approach enables success.
Our individual, person-centred timetables will include core subjects, but the core curriculum is also embedded in holistic activities to enhance learning opportunities.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.