Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Mortimer House, Tamworth
A SEMH School in Tamworth, part of the Young Foundations Group, are recruiting for a creative Science Teacher. Our secondary school is searching for someone who is an enthusiastic, motivated Teacher.
The school offers a varied and stimulating curriculum, providing the best elements from mainstream education and utilizing best practice from special schools to ensure the pupils have plenty of chance to shine.
Full or Part Time positions considered
You should be an inspirational and engaging Science teacher, committed to providing a therapeutic and child centred environment, and always encouraging pupils to reach their goals.
As the successful candidate you will need:
- Affinity for children with SEMH needs
- Ability to plan, teach and assess Science, and ideally some other subjects committed to raising aspirations of children
- Engage pupils to secure accredited certificates and qualifications
- To teach dynamic and engaging lessons across key stage 3,4 and 5
- To be creative in planning and able to create an inclusive learning environment
- An effective communicator with children, parents and colleagues
- A team player, able to work collaboratively
- Pastoral capabilities, including contributing to EHCPs
- Adaptable and proactive, professional at all times
- Committed to safeguarding children at all times.
ECTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
For an informal discussion on the role, please contact Rebecca Bhageerutty on 07469 539516
This is a truly exciting time to join Mortimer House School and be part of a journey to excellence and take pride in knowing that every day you can make a real positive difference to young people's lives.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV with contact details included.
About Mortimer House School
Mortimer House School (previously called Stepping Stones School) offers a unique, warm, safe and caring educational environment for children and young people who may not thrive and achieve in an external setting at this point in their lives. We understand young people learn in very different ways, and a person centred approach enables success.
Our individual, person-centred timetables will include core subjects, but the core curriculum is also embedded in holistic activities to enhance learning opportunities.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.