Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Residential Support Worker
Oaklea Grange Residential, Hope, Wrexham
Residential Support Worker
Oaklea Grange, Sandy Lane, Hope, Wrexham, LL12 9RP
Salary: £22,215.46 – £24,786.10 per annum
Hours of Week: 40
Contract Type: Permanent
- An understanding of the developmental needs (physical, emotional, intellectual, social and educational) of young people.
- Child Protection issues and procedures. Social Care Services available to young people and their families
- Working within a team & Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding.
- Ability to motivate self and others to meet time and performance goals.
- Ability to deal with emotional stress.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills – relate well to others (young people and staff at all levels).
As a Residential Support Worker,you will:
- Respond to and meet the identified needs of children/young people as outlined in individual care plans and as agreed with the manager.
- To work in partnership with young people, their families, social workers and other relevant agencies, in meeting the needs of young people.
- To ensure that work with children/young people is in keeping with legislative, procedural and good practice requirements.
- To ensure that the safety and welfare of young people is paramount.
- To participate in implementing, monitoring and reviewing children/young people’s care/health and education plans where appropriate and to contribute in planning meetings and reviews as require.
- To understand and be familiar with all relevant legislation guidance policies procedures in relation to safeguarding young people.
- To promote the development of a comfortable physical environment, which is conducive to good social care practice and in line with standards and guidance.
About Oaklea Grange School:
Oaklea Grange aims to meet the needs of children and young people across the continuum of care. Our range of specialist services supports out ambition to provide every child with the care, therapy, and learning they need to ensure they achieve their personal best.
Located in Nr Wrexham Oaklea Grange School accommodated 7 residents/pupils, we support young people from the ages of 11 to 18. We are able to support young people with diagnosed mental health disorders, autism and learning difficulties. Our focus is on delivering clear outcomes for each young person we look after.
Benefits of Working for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent care to the people we support
- Competitive pay
- Career development and training
- Progression Opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice
- Enhanced maternity package
- Enhanced annual leave
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Young Foundations is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks in line with our safeguarding policy. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, right to work checks and any other necessary checks.
About Oaklea Grange School
Oaklea Grange Sschool aims to meet the needs of children and young people across the continuum of care. Our range of specialist services supports our ambition to provide every child with the care, therapy, and learning they need to ensure they achieve their personal best. Our focus is on delivering clear outcomes for each young person we look after.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.