Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Residential Support Worker
Tile Sheds, Morpeth
Do you enjoy working with young people? If you can honestly answer yes, we may have your ideal job.
As a Residential Support Worker at Young Foundations, you will make a real difference to the lives of young people and young adults with additional needs. Whether you are starting out on your career in Children and Young People’s services, or have previous experience as a Care Worker, you will be inspired by and learn from a team of motivated staff, who will guide, train and support you in your new role.
Whilst no two days are ever the same, you will:
- Be a positive role model
- Provide a safe and happy home environment for young people and young adults to relax, learn and grow
- Encourage health and well-being through social, educational and recreational activities
- Assist with domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, washing and shopping
- Ensure stability and consistency in a family orientated manner
- Actively contribute to positive outcomes for the young people and young adults and the service as a whole
We ask that you are:
Compassionate and caring
Reliable and have a willingness to learn
Patient with a positive mindset
Supportive and dedicated to keeping young people and young adults safe
Young Foundations will offer:
- Great work-life balance
- Inclusive and relationship-based culture
- Full and comprehensive training
- Free DBS
- 252 hours annual leave
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
- Multiple career pathways
- In-house clinical advice and support
Please apply below to find out more!
About Tile Sheds
Tile Sheds Children Home is a detached cottage set in a beautiful rural location. Tile Sheds is registered with Ofsted to provide accommodation for up to two children, but currently operates as a solo placement. Tile Sheds is rated as an outstanding provider.
The staff team at Tile Sheds actively listen to children and young people and seek to understand each child. Relationships are positive and based on openness and respect allowing trust to develop.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.