Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Residential Support Worker
The Red House, Johnstone
Residential Support Worker
The Red House, 29 Auchengroch Avenue, Johnstone, Renfrewshire, PA5 0RJ
Salary: £22,215.46 – £24,786.10 per annum
Hours of Week: 40
Contract Type: Permanent
- An understanding of the developmental needs (physical, emotional, intellectual, social and educational) of young people.
- Child Protection issues and procedures. Social Care Services available to young people and their families
- Working within a team & Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and understanding.
- Ability to motivate self and others to meet time and performance goals.
- Ability to deal with emotional stress.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Good interpersonal skills – relate well to others (young people and staff at all levels).
As a Residential Support Worker,you will:
- Respond to and meet the identified needs of children/young people as outlined in individual care plans and as agreed with the manager.
- To work in partnership with young people, their families, social workers and other relevant agencies, in meeting the needs of young people.
- To ensure that work with children/young people is in keeping with legislative, procedural and good practice requirements.
- To ensure that the safety and welfare of young people is paramount.
- To participate in implementing, monitoring and reviewing children/young people’s care/health and education plans where appropriate and to contribute in planning meetings and reviews as require.
- To understand and be familiar with all relevant legislation guidance policies procedures in relation to safeguarding young people.
- To promote the development of a comfortable physical environment, which is conducive to good social care practice and in line with standards and guidance.
About The Red House:
The Red House provides a high level of service provision based on the principles of the National Care Standards and encompassing the key outcomes of GIRFEC, National Practice Model and Curriculum for Excellence.
Located in Johnstone, The Read House accommodated 6 young people from ages 12 to 19. We support those with acute mental health difficulties and complex needs. We offer an excellent relationship-based service to children and young people and provide a safe, positive, and nurturing environment.
Benefits of Working for us:
- A rewarding career you can be truly proud of
- A supportive environment that is committed to helping you flourish and deliver excellent care to the people we support
- Competitive pay
- Career development and training
- Progression Opportunities
- Salary Sacrifice
- Enhanced maternity package
- Enhanced annual leave
- Fully funded Level 3/4 Health & Social Care qualification
- Funding towards a Therapeutic Childcare bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Young Foundations is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks in line with our safeguarding policy. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, right to work checks and any other necessary checks.
About The Red House
At the Red House, we care for, support, develop, and empower young people with complex difficulties to realise their potential in a safe, secure and nurturing environment. This is achieved through a holistic model of care which is distinctive of compassion, skill and evidence based positive intervention.
Our aim is to improve the life of children, we believe that children have the right to a safe and fun childhood and one that creates positive happy memories.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.