Step-down services for children and young adults
At Young Foundations, we specialise in residential step-down services, and specialist education, for children and young people with complex needs.
Oaklea Grange, Flintshire
Part of Young Foundations and based in the beautiful rural countryside of North Wales, Oaklea Grange is a small SEMH children’s residential school for children and young people aged 11 to 18 with a range of acute and enduring mental health issues and associated challenging and complex needs, including mental health issues and associated learning needs. Located on the same site, Oaklea Grange Residential Home can accommodate a maximum of 8 young people in the home and independency coach house, and 8 young people in the school. The school itself will educate the pupils from the residential home on site only. All pupils will have additional learning needs in such at their individual needs cannot be met in a mainstream educational provision and thus need further support in providing a supporting and inclusive education.
Oaklea Grange School’s vision is to champion and embed a mentally healthy school through its ethos, culture, trauma informed teaching practice and curriculum. This is an exciting time to join and develop as part of an education team who champion the lives of our pupils and genuinely make a difference to their quality of life and future prospects.
You should be an inspirational and engaging Maths/English Teacher, committed to providing a therapeutic and child centred environment, and always encouraging pupils to reach their goals.
As the successful candidate you will need:
- Affinity for children with SEMH needs
- Ability to plan, teacher and assess your specified subject, and ideally some other subjects committed to raising aspirations of children
- Engage pupils to secure accredited certificates and qualifications
- To teach dynamic and engaging lessons across key stage 3,4 and 5
- To be creative in planning and able to create an inclusive learning environment
- An effective communicator with children, parents and colleagues
- A team player, able to work collaboratively
- Pastoral capabilities, including contributing to IDPs
- Adaptable and proactive, professional at all times
- Committed to safeguarding children at all times.
ECTs and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
Full or Part Time positions considered.
For an informal discussion on the role, please contact Natasha Moore on 07966491259
This is a truly exciting time to join Oaklea Grange and be part of a journey to excellence and take pride in knowing that every day you can make a real positive difference to young people's lives.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV with contact details included.
Working for us
Some of the people who work for Young foundations talk about what they enjoy most about their work.